THE BUILDING PROCESS – HOW IT WORKS
Which best describes you?
DEVELOPERS & HOUSING PROJECTS
PARTNER WITH ZIP KIT HOMES
- FASTER – Rapid delivery and onsite construction means a faster ROI on your investment.
- FLOOR PLANS & OPTION SELECTION – Use our submit ready floor plans and option selection web software to quickly launch your project.
- PREDICTABLE – Offsite construction makes it easier to maintain budgets and timelines that you can actually stick to.
- CLEANER – A cleaner, more organized job site.
PROJECTS THAT ARE A GOOD FIT FOR OUR PANELIZED SYSTEM
- Workforce or employee housing in areas that require modern, attractive homes. In many locations, including resort towns, ski resorts, etc. manufactured, unattractive employee housing projects are not accepted. If you need a workforce, employee, or affordable product that is contemporary, efficient, and can be built quickly, we are a great option.
- Small home subdivisions with a modern look. We specialize in modern, affordable homes ranging from 800 sq.ft. to 1,300 sq. ft. Construction is fast and hassle free.
- Resort hotel type projects, campgrounds, Airbnb projects, rental units, etc. Building in resort and remote areas is difficult and expensive. Doing as much construction as possible offsite saves you time and money.
SOLUTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL HOMEBUYERS.
If you’re looking for a more efficient way to build a new home, this option could work for you. We understand our solution is not for everyone.
|WHAT WE DO OFFER||WHAT WE DON’T OFFER|
|Standard floor plans.||Customized floor plans. We only sell our standard floor plans. We do not offer custom floor plans, modifications, etc.|
|Builder packet. This includes purchase order sheets for all materials you will need to build your home.||General contracting services. We ARE NOT a general contractor and cannot give you a bid to build your home.|
|A panelized kit. All exterior wall panels, interior wall panels, posts, beams, trusses, windows, exterior doors, dry-in materials, etc.||Materials to complete your home – siding, roofing, cabinets, hardware, etc.|
FLOOR PLANS AND BUILDER PACKET – WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- Detailed floor plans. All of our floor plans are designed by builders who understand how to reduce waste and simplify the construction process.
- Material take-off sheets for all the materials needed to build your home. This includes framing materials, roofing, siding, doors, windows, cabinets, tile, doorknobs, etc. You get all our order sheets, so you don’t have to figure this out on your own. This can save you countless hours of busy work.
- Cost breakdown spreadsheets. These are needed to help determine the complete cost of your home project and also for construction lenders to help you get bank financing.
- A scheduling checklist. We provide you with a complete checklist of all the tasks you need to do — and in what order — to get your home built properly. This alone will save you countless headaches and numerous, expensive mistakes.
- Sub-contractor work order sheets and scope of work documents. These will help ensure that all the subcontractors have a clear scope of work and understand exactly what they’re expected to do before they get paid. This also helps reduce cost by getting competitive bids from multiple sub contractors.
- Purchase order worksheets. We provide you with the purchase order sheets for all construction materials you will need to complete your home.
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN THE STANDARD FLOOR PLANS.
- Possible updates to building code references. All house plans are designed to conform with the local building codes of our factory location in Cedar City, UT. If your local building department has adopted a newer building code, you may need to have this updated.
- Professional Engineering Stamp. If your building department requires one, they will only accept a stamp from an engineer licensed in the state where you plan to build. In this case, you will need to hire a local engineer or architect for review and stamping. In addition, plans used to construct homes in the state of Nevada are required to be drawn by a licensed Nevada architect.
- Possible Structural Changes. Structural engineering requirements vary significantly by location. For example, mountain areas have high snow loads, requiring bigger beams and trusses; coastal areas have higher wind speed requirements; many areas in the West have high seismic requirements. You may need to hire a state licensed structural engineer to analyze the design and provide additional drawings/calculations required by your local building department. Building departments typically provide a list of local design criteria and the items required to submit for a building permit on their website or in a handout.
- Energy specific building code compliance. Many areas now have area-specific energy codes that must be followed. This normally involves filling out a simple form providing documentation that your house plans are in compliance. It may also involve additional documents such as Res Checks or Manual J calculations.
- Site plan specific to your building lot. You may also need a site plan that shows where the house is going to be located on the property.
All sales of stock floor plans are final. No refunds or exchanges can be given once your order has started the fulfillment process.
ADVANTAGES TO PURCHASING ONLY STANDARD FLOOR PLANS
- Customization. You can make customizations to your home if you build it yourself. There is nothing stopping you from moving a wall, adding a window, etc., which is something we do not do with our panelized kits.
- Location and our shipping distance becomes a non-factor. Your home can be built anywhere since we are not shipping it from our factory.
- Timing. You are not dependent on our production schedule. You can purchase the plans, make any changes or modifications, get a building permit and start building.
WALL PANEL KIT – WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- All pre-framed exterior wall panels. 2×6 wall panels at 24″ o.c. with ZIP system wall sheathing. Walls are weathertight as soon as they are stood up. Wall are pre-taped with Zip tape where possible. Walls are available in up to 16′ sections, ready to be set up to form the perimeter of the home.
- All pre-framed interior wall panels. 2×4 interior wall panels and 2×6 interior wall panels as needed (plumbing walls, etc.).
- Pre-framed garage wall panels. 2×4 wall panels, 24″ o.c.
- Waterproof Zip sheathing tape. Loose shipped to be installed at all panel joints and corners after the walls are set.
- All pre-cut structural beams.
- All structural posts.
- All post to beam connection plates and hardware.
- Roof panels or trusses. All roof panels or trusses (depending on the home, it’s either trusses or roof panels).
- All pre-cut truss blocking, etc.
- Lumber for all sub fascia, catwalks, etc.
- Roof sheathing.
- Ice & water shield for roofing dry-in.
- Windows and exterior doors. We provide a window and door schedule and purchase order sheets but do not provide the windows included with the kit. We can also provide you with a list of potential window brands and suppliers and pro’s and con’s of each. However, you are responsible to purchase your own windows and have them delivered and installed on your job site.
WALL PANEL KIT – WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Floor framing materials.
- All materials to complete your home. We provide a complete list of the materials you will need for the entire scope of work. However, we do not sell these items. You will purchase these items from local suppliers, online, etc.
SOLUTIONS FOR CONTRACTORS.
Simplify your construction business = simplify your life.
What if you could make more money with much less stress?
You can. Here is how it works:
- We send you pre-qualified customers who have already chosen a floor plan, basic options, and colors.
- You instantly offer additional highly-efficient, modern, floor plans – branded as your own floor plans.
- You get exact, detailed floor plans, wall panel drawings, cut lists, material lists, etc.
- You have access to our project management software, work orders, purchase orders, etc. We take the headache of estimating, figuring material order sheets, etc. out of the equation! We do that for you.
- We send you a panelized framing kit allowing you to complete framing in a matter of days, not weeks or months.
CONTACT US to find out more about partnering with us.